2015-06-26

Living with a grateful heart

Read Psalms 143:8 : Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.
 
We live in a world full of challenges and passion. People have two choices, to be involved wholeheartedly or to wander astray. Sometimes we are able to accomplish what we want and sometimes we fail, which tests our flexibility to handle emergencies and interpersonal skills. And all of this isn’t something we can do on our own. Like anchoring our soul at a high place, we need a sort of power that is not disturbed in the storm.
 
To see if a person has patience and tolerance, you do not look at how skilled they are in words but look at how they act in difficult situations. Whether they use their own strength, or a special power (a life not in this world) to serve others. We often admire those who live courageously, like Mother Teresa or George Muller, but we forget that they too learned to experienced God’s mercy and faithfulness when they encountered difficulties. We need to be grateful and decide that no matter what the world says, we have to do our duty. No matter how harsh reality is, we need to draw near to our God for our needs. Even if it seems reasonable to take from man or society, look toward God for our supply! Give thanks to God who takes care of all our needs.
 
Moses, the man of God prayed, "Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days." David had a saying: I am willing to live my life in the house of the Lord forever. This is wise, and it is blessed. Look at those who suffer persecution, those who wander, and those who are controlled by their tradition, we are luckier than all of them!
 
Only when we feel the Saviour's grace, we will have gratitude in our position. Knowing that everything we have is not what we deserve, but it is by God's grace upon us who are unworthy.
 
May God bless you and pray, "Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name!" (Psalm 86:11).
 
When our hearts are not only full of fear of God, but also filled full of God's love, we can live life with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment